Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cherry picking

This past weekend, we attended a wedding in Fresno, California along with my friends and family. Today, driving along route 99 on the way back from the wedding, we spotted Jackson's Farms cherry picking. I was glad we stopped by because it was a sight to behold.


I was like a kid in a candy store. I have never seen that many cherries in my life!


These cherries not only taste delicious but are also breathtakingly beautiful. These are Royal Rainer cherries.




Isn't this picture perfect?


I think I could live here.





Opposite to Jacksons Farms we stopped by Bravo Farm to check out the peach orchard. The peaches are not ready yet, but they sure do look beautiful.







We stopped at our friends Reshma's and Gurvir's house for lunch in Bakersfield and we shared some of our cherries. They look spectacular in this black bowl.




She prepared the most delicious Punjabi food for our lunch. Everything tastes as good as it looks.


The weather was perfect to dine outside on her gorgeous patio.



We relished our lunch.


I came home and arranged cherries on my patio to enjoy.


For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including gluten free and vegan recipes), please check out my book, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen, at my website komalinunna.com.
  
Please join Susan's Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday, smiling sally for blue monday,
check out Foodie Friday, and Beverly for Pink Saturday.

16 comments:

  1. The cherries are beautiful! All of the food looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore cherries and peaches. I'm sure your lunch was as delicious as it looked. What a nice diversion during your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cherries look yummy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Komali, I understand why you love this cherries. They are really beautiful. Fresh nature fruits have the nicest colors and this fresh vibrant shine on it. The decorations of the cherries in the bowls remind me to the ancient flemish oilpaintings with light reflexes and waterdrops on the fruits.
    And also the photos with fruit twigs against the blue sky. Beauty as in the paradise, visible just for those, who can see, like you.
    The Punjabi lunch looks very yummy. I love this tender rice with the spicey curries.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Komali, I've been eating cherries all week, love them. They look so beautiful in your bowl! Thank you for sharing!
    Hugz,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always love fruit fresh from the trees~

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cherries are gorgeous! The color is amazing and I like them a lot in your urn spilling over the side how romantic!
    We bought some this week ours were red and they tasted great!
    Come by my blog and enter top win a $50 CSN gift certificate.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cherries! And your food looks so delicious, and healthy! I will have to check out your cookbook, thank you for the link.
    Cheers, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. those cherries look so fresh and am sure sweet too! but your lunch meal is what am dying to dig in.. I love Punjabi food.. Capati with Lamb keema and also na'an and chicken tandori.. and I miss Chicken Tika and Buttered Chicken eat with Puri or rice.. yummey! happy Friday and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic photos... I remember cherry picking in California when I was a kid... I think I ate as much as I picked! Hahahaha Great memories...
    Are you making Jam?

    ~Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rainey,
    I was planning to make Jam. By the time I get to it they are all gone.
    Well... next time.
    Komali.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous photo of the cherries in that black bowl...magazine worthy!!

    I grew up on property with several cherry trees but they were not this type. We had sour cherries (great for pie & cobblers) & also Bing cherries...the deep dark red ones.
    I think the ones you picked are just wonderful for eating fresh & not cooked into anything.

    Lovely home & setting for your lunch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Komali the lunch looks so good. I have a Rainer cherry tree but it's not that mature yet. I LOVED the photo of the cherry orchard. I just recently posted about my four cherry trees on my blog. I've lost some to the magpies before we covered them. I was so impressed how the birds don't get their cherries.

    So glad I found your blog from foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these cherries remind me of a farmhouse we lived in for awhile that had a cherry orchard next to it. Picking cherries by the gallon is one of our family's favorite memories! Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cherries look gorgeous and delicious. Love all of your photos. Especially the one of you. So pretty and you look like you are having lots of fun.
    The lunch is so much food. Yum!!!
    Happy PS.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are the best most delicious cherries and cost a small fortune in the stores. My daughter has a tree and says it's like a reunion when the cherries are ripe, everyone comes to see her and sample! Beautiful and luscious pix!

    ReplyDelete