Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Butchart Gardens I

By now, you must have figured out my love for beautiful gardens. On our recent trip to Seattle, we visited the Butchart gardens in  Victoria, Canada. What a trip it was! While walking in that garden, I went into a trance; I couldn't believe that what I was seeing was real.




This is the spot where I thought that I had died and gone to heaven. I had to pinch myself to remind myself that it was real. The Butchart garden is divided into different themed gardens. You are looking at the sunken garden.

















For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including gluten free recipes), please check out my book, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen, at my website komalinunna.com.

I am joining Susan's Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday, smiling sally for blue monday and Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.

15 comments:

  1. That is absolutely breath taking...I really enjoyed your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Komali,
    Lovely photos! I have always wanted to visit Butchart Gardens. Thank you for sharing.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Victoria, BC! My favorite place to stay is Fairholme Manor B&B -- and the Governor's Garden is right next door! It's fabulous, too -- and free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Komali,
    I love gardens also and have seen many. But I have never seen a garden which is soooo pretty like this one. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful views.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would dearly love to visit this beautiful place. You really got some amazing shots on your tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've visited Butchart Gardens and agree that they are the most beautiful. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous photos and bringing to mind some wonderful memories.

    Happy Blue Monday! Check out my book giveaways. I just added another one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place to visit, the gardens and your photos are just gorgoeus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Komali, thank you for sharing this stunning place with us.. its truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!! Komali.. those pics are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my you are lucky you visited this place. I saw this garden featured in one of the shows here and I am already fascinated by it. No wonder people love to come here over and over again because it's very beautiful. And I also learned about the history of this garden and it makes me more interested to visit this place. Thanks for the photos and have a happy weekdays!
    Indian Corn
    Favorite Snack

    ReplyDelete
  11. And it is all in a former gravel pit...

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my most loved places in the world...wish I could go back each season. Lovely pictures thanks for the walk down memory lane. I may need to dig out my old pics from our visit. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinch me .... have I died and gone to heaven?
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow, this is heaven! what a gorgeous garden! your photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. really heavenly..thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete