Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Fan's Feedback and Flower Arrangement

Last weekend, I was at the LA Times Festival of Books, signing my books. At a place like that, it is not only exciting to meet fellow authors and  new people but also to learn how the trend in people's eating habits are changing. I was delighted to see that many people are turning into vegetarians and to see how much people are paying attention to the food they are eating. Well it is LA, what do you expect?  LA being the trendsetter for the rest of the world, anything new and trendy starts right here. I guess healthy Indian vegetarian food is on its way to mainstream America. If you want to eat healthy vegetarian food, Indian food is the way to go. 

A few familiar faces dropped by at my booth to say hello and to tell me how much they are enjoying the book. In particular, one fan dropped by to say that he cooked almost all the dishes from the book. Ever since he got the book last year, he discarded all the other Indian cookbooks and kept only mine. I felt that was the best reward for all my efforts. It was a feather in my hat!

Yesterday he sent me the following statement to share with you all.


“This is simply a great cookbook, one of the best I have ever used for any cuisine.  Time after time when using it, I have been struck with the realization that this is what the dish I have had at Indian restaurants is supposed to taste like.  A number of recipes have become favorites of family and friends, even for those who are not familiar with Indian cooking.  The book is highly educational about Indian cuisine, and is the most beautiful cookbook I own.
Gerry Ledford
Redondo Beach, CA”

Thank you, Gerry you made my day!

Here I was at the festival, signing my book



I never go to book signings without taking fresh flower arrangements for my table.


Here is an another arrangement I made with the same theme for my house


Have you noticed a trend in my flower arranging? More and more succulents are finding their way into my flowers



My hydrangeas and astromarias are beginning to bloom in my garden. This is what white hydrangeas look like before they are fully mature. When you cut one before it is fully open, it has a green hue that I am very fond of.


For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes), please check out my book, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen, at my website komalinunna.com.

I am joining   Patty's Weekend-wrap-up, A Stroll Tru LifeCoastal Charm, Savvy Southern Style, Susan's Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday Cindy for Show, Tell, French Country Cottage , Fresh-Cut-Friday and How Sweet the Sound.

15 comments:

  1. I always drool over the beautiful flowers you post...they are all from your garden, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mimi. All those flowers are from may garden. Thanks for the visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My godness Komali, you always outdo yourself, everytime! What I admire the most, is your choice for the bases, such beautiful elements to make your gorgeous flowers from your garden!!! I love this one! Wish I could get your book and signed by you too.
    Hugs
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such gorgeous flowers and your garden has to be stunning. I love your pictures, they are so pretty and your arrangements are stunning. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Komali,
    all you do is beautiful. Your cookbook and every table or decoration, too. I love that.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh so gorgeous!! The flowers looks as gorgeous as u!! wow!! Signing books.. so so exciting.. You truly make us so proud of you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are magnificent. I love succulents myself and they seem to last around here.. most of the time! Congrats on your success with your book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your book and it's success. I love your beautiful flower arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! It would be perfect for Fresh-Cut Friday... you should come by and see...That is so awesome about your book! Congrats and best wishes!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Thank you for linking up! I'm so glad you did! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous flower arrangements!!! Congratulations on your book signing.
    Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Mothers Day!
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  12. The succelents with alstromeria REALLY works! I'm going to try the combo in my garden. Very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so beautiful...You have a special talent..
    and a green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your flower arrangements! Your plants are so beautiful and healthy. Congratulations on your new cookbook. I hope it is the beginning of more good things to come. Have a lovely weekend and a very happy Mother's Day. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great poѕt. I used to be checking constantly this blog anԁ I'm impressed! Very helpful info particularly the ultimate phase :) I care for such info much. I used to be seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.

    My webpage ... Legal ecstasy Alternatives

    ReplyDelete