Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Table and Barbeque

Yesterday, the table was set in honor of dad. To bring the masculinity to the table, rock planters were used, filled with succulents as the centerpiece. 


 

Grass placemats, bamboo cutlery and checkered napkins bring a casual outdoor feel to the table.






Father's Day wouldn't be complete without dad's favorite barbeque. Tandoori chicken on the grill


 Baby elephant was eagerly waiting for the chicken to be ready


 Succulent tandoori chicken


Paneer-vegetable kabobs are just off the grill and ready to be devoured. For the recipe and step-by-step pictures of these kabobs, check out my daughter's blog post.


My favorite grilled vegetables are ready for the sprinkling of chaat masala powder


The finale to the barbeque, falooda popsicles

All these recipes can be found in my cookbook, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen.

For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes), please check out my book, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen, at my website komalinunna.com.

I am joining  Patty's Weekend Wrap-Up and  A Stroll thru Life , Tablescape Thursday, Foodie Friday, Show and Tell and The Charm of Home.





18 comments:

  1. It all looks pretty. Tandoori chicken yum but what is falooda? Guess I should check out your book website.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika,
    Falooda is an Indian drink made up of thin noodles, basil seeds, milk, rose syrup, milk and ice cream. In this case, I made the drink and freeze it in the Popsicle molds. Either way it is a very delicious drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a beautiful setting. I love it. The succulents in the center are gorgeous and the entire tablescape is beautiful. The menu sounds incredible. Love it all. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images.love your fuchsia bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anything you touch that doesn't turn out to be wonderful...??!!? Succulents are my favorite.. and that outdoor decor and the delicious food (esp that chicken... ***)look soo inviting !!!

    Have a great week ahead !!

    P.S : Love that baby elephant.. He looks soo cute...!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The set-up looks so inviting. Your dad must be really happy. :-)
    Hey can you tell me the name of the flower plant in the 4th and 5th picture??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Richa,
    That is fuchsia plant, loves shade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning images... I totally love that elephant... so so gorgeous!! Komali.. you surprise me ... with every post.. wow!! You are so super talented... wish I could this.. half as well.. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous your photos Komalih, as always! Beautiful plants, so rich and healthy. I love your tbscape for that delish BBQ chicken, Indian style...I do need to get your book, somehow. Your fuchsia plant is stunning, wow! You look like you had a great time. Lots of hugs, Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! What a beautiful patio, and such gorgeous looking food! YUM! I took pics of my pergola all dressed up this afternoon (with the 2 hour lull in the rain), and I hope you'll stop by and take a peak! :)
    xo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  11. First time here, I love your space- it is so inspiring! Also checked out your website and the book you authored. Simply amazing!How I wish I could attend your classes for veg cooking !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My, my! Your table is very pretty. I love the centerpiece of plants! You have a beautiful patio and the food! Wonderful! Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the succulents in the rock planters!! That is wonderful and that food looks awesome!
    Thanks for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. such an eye candy decor...lovely table spread ...

    http://nanditark-lifeiscrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the beautiful blog. The food and flowers are beautiful.

    You inspired me to have a get-together with neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Great choice of colors!
    My site: cooking vegetables

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfection! I have been looking for rock planters and was wondering where you found yours.

    ReplyDelete