Friday, August 5, 2011

Hibiscus

Traditionally, you don't think of bringing hibiscus flowers indoors and arranging them in a vase. Even though they don't last more than two days in a vase, I cannot help but bring these salmon colored hibiscus flowers indoors and arrange them in a small pitcher and enjoy them for as long as they last.



For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes), please check out my book, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen, at my website komalinunna.com.

I am joining Pink Saturday.

6 comments:

  1. What a brilliant image.
    At least you will have that to remember the flowers by. And such a good combination with that lovely vase.
    Thank you for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't your salmon colored hibiscus beautiful!
    I think they look lovely in the pitcher, and I, too, like to bring a couple of my tangerine-colored ones indoors to enjoy for a day or two...too pretty not to ever have indoors!!
    The same things with our azeleas, they don't last more than a day or so inside, but they are so pretty in a vase, too!
    You must have a gorgeous garden, I like when you post your flowers from it!
    Have a happy week....Til next time, Francy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Komali,
    we don'tuse them as cut flowers in germany. But the only reason is, that our Hibiscus is not flowering with many blooms. So we enjoy them as potted flowers. I am sure you have in your pretty garden huge shrbs and then I would also love to cut them for vases, even when they do not last long. But they are sooo pretty. I also love the Hibiscus schizopetalus, but I don't own just one. They don't like our room clima.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am delighted to meet you,visiting your Blog has been a pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shade of PINK

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pink.. so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete