This delectable seafood soup, infused with Asian flavors, is the best way to keep warm on a cold night. Best of all, this soup can be made with all Trader Joe's ingredients. How cool is that?
- ½ cup Trader Joe's Thai red curry sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1- 2 fresh green chili such as Jalapeño or Serrano, cut length wise into two(optional)
- ½ pound medium raw shrimp, shelled and divined
- 1 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Cilantro for garnishing
- In a medium sauce pan, simmer red curry sauce, water and chili(if you are using) over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- To the simmering sauce add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink. Add coconut milk and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Just before serving stir in lemon juice. Transfer soup to soup bowls and garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Green chilies are added for flavor only. They are not meant to be eaten.
- If you have sensitive skin, it is important to use kitchen gloves while handling chilies of any kind.
This recipe is from my new cookbook, Trader Joe's simply Indian.
Trader Joe's Simply Indian (both printed and kindle version) is available to buy at Amazon. Trader Joe's Simply Indian is a compilation of gourmet Indian recipes made from fresh and ready to use ingredients available at Trader Joe's.
For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes), please check out my book, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen, at my website komalinunna.com.