Thursday, January 24, 2013

Shrimp-Coconut Soup

Shrimp-Coconut Soup 

This delectable seafood soup, infused with Asian flavors, is the best way to keep warm on a cold night. Best of all, this soup can be made with all Trader Joe's ingredients. How cool is that?


Serves : 4

  • ½ cup Trader Joe's Thai red curry sauce
  • ½ cup water
  • 1- 2 fresh green chili such as Jalapeño or Serrano, cut length wise into two(optional)
  • ½ pound medium raw shrimp, shelled and divined
  • 1 14 oz can light coconut milk
  • 1 teaspoon lime juice
  • Cilantro for garnishing

  1. In a medium sauce pan, simmer red curry sauce, water and chili(if you are using) over medium heat for 5 minutes.
  2. To the simmering sauce add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink. Add coconut milk and simmer for 3-5 minutes. 
  3. Just before serving stir in lemon juice. Transfer soup to soup bowls and garnish with cilantro and serve.

*Cook’s note: 
  • Green chilies are added for flavor only. They are not meant to be eaten.
  • If you have sensitive skin, it is important to use kitchen gloves while handling chilies of any kind.

 This recipe is from my new cookbook, Trader Joe's simply Indian.


Trader Joe's Simply Indian (both printed and kindle version) is available to buy at Amazon. Trader Joe's Simply Indian is a compilation of gourmet Indian recipes made from fresh and ready to use ingredients available at Trader Joe's.

For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes), please check out my book, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen, at my website komalinunna.com.
Sharing at:

12 comments:

  1. This is one my husband will like. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup looks so good. I love Trader Joes.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a Trader Joe's here but in a bad location. No parking space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Trader Joe's anywhere near but I do think we would like that soup !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good -- I love soup on cold winter nights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shrimp, that looks delish!
    My PINK
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum, I love this combination of ingredients and delight in any food that has a coconut flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Komali, The soup looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe at the Open House party. Please drop by this weeks party to see your post featured.
    xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness....this sounds incredibly "delish"...can't wait to try it!
    I pinned it for you, too1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you use lime or lemon juice. Thanks. MarySue from Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MarySue,
      I use lime not lemon. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  11. Your blog is beautiful, and this looks divine. I shop at Trader Joes a lot, and I am going to make this.

    ReplyDelete