Shrikhand is a traditional dessert made in the Indian states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. It is a cinch to prepare, not to mention the fact that it's a super healthy way to end your Valentine's Day dinner. This dessert will make you feel satisfied rather than bloated. Enjoy!
Serves: 6 - 8
- 4 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon loosely packed saffron
- ¼ cup hot milk, preferable whole milk
- ½ cup sugar
- Ground pistachio nuts and pomegranate seeds(optional) for garnishing
- In a small skillet over very low flame, fry saffron threads for few seconds holding the pan above the flame, until they become a shade darker(it happens very fast, try not to burn the saffron). Crumble saffron over hot milk and let it steep for ½ an hour.
- Transfer Greek yogurt to a bowl. Add sugar and saffron milk. Mix thoroughly with a whisk until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to individual serving bowl and garnish with pistachio nuts and pomegranate seeds. Chill and serve as a dessert.