This is a very refreshing salad flavored with ginger and cumin. Once you taste this salad dressing, I am sure salads will replace any gourmet meals.
Serves : 4
· 5 ounces baby lettuce mix
· 8 ounces mini heirloom tomatoes, cut into two
· ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
· ½ cup sliced almonds
· Ginger - cumin dressing(recipe follows)
In a salad bowl layer lettuce and tomatoes. Top the salad with parmesan cheese and sliced almonds. Drizzle the salad with ginger-cumin dressing and serve.
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey or blue agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry roasted cumin powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
Transfer all the ingredients except olive oil to the blender and blend until smooth. While the machine is running add olive oil in a slow stream.
* This recipe is adopted from my new cookbook, Trader Joe's Simply Indian.
For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes), please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at
my website komalinunna.com.