Thursday, April 17, 2014

Getting ready for the garden tour

I know some of you might be thinking that I am hibernating in my hole. The reason for my absence of blogging is that my garden has been chosen for this year's garden tour on May 4th. Whatever the funds that we raise will benefit local hospice care. Needless to say, I have been very busy weeding, planting, cleaning, and more weeding, in preparation for the show.

Here are few snapshots of the garden getting ready for the big event.


Tulips are done blooming. Freesias are blooming right now.  I was hoping all the bulbs would bloom at the same time for my garden tour. Well, we can't control the nature. I am worried that I may not have that much color in the garden by May 4th.





This is the raised bed in the kitchen garden with all salad greens, which I call my salad bowl. I will give you a detailed tour of the kitchen garden very soon


For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes), please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.

Sharing at:

3 comments:

  1. that is super mighty wonderful! wishing you ALL THE BEST with fund raise & the cause.... That is going to be very impacting & life-changing with where it's gonna be going to....completely moves & melts my heart big time! I truly LOVE your garden more than words can express. I seriously would love to visit your garden & learn every bits & pieces of your garden wisdom/practicals & all. I'm so amazed by your garden & all the love you put in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a nice post. it's also help me how to book Cheap Rajasthan Tour Packages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..what a great garden! Wish I had one! Congratulations on being chosen for the Garden Tour. That is really an honor! Lots of work, I am sure, but so rewarding. Rachel gave me your link. :)

    ReplyDelete