Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Playing with foliage

By now, all my readers know that my most favorite hobby is harvesting flowers from the garden and making arrangements for the house. I believe that flowers bring life into any room. Most of the time, foliage is an accent in my flower arrangements. I thought it would be nice take a break  from the flowers and just use foliage in the arrangements for the house. 



I love the contrasting foliage in this arrangement. The colored leaves are from the bush Alternanthera Hoja del Loro, commonly called Brazilian Red Hots.



 In this arrangement, just two different textured leaves in a small vase accent the end table.


Just adding one flower makes a simple yet elegant arrangement


A bunch of variegated geranium leaves in the other corner of the room



For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes),,please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment