Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Ikebana flower arrangements

From time to time, I get very enthusiastic about brushing up on my ikebana flower arranging techniques. It is much easier to do western arrangements than ikebana. You do need to think about the container, flowers,alignment etc. I don't claim to be an expert with this art form, but I am a lifelong student trying to practice my favorite method of flower arranging. These are the two arrangements I made for the house. Hope you like them.

In this arrangement, since the container is so beautiful I used only one branch filled with berries, which was gathered on my hike.




A single leaf from the garden was added 

In this arrangement, along with the berry filled branch, the ming fern acts as an accent to two pin cushion proteas and one gloriosa lily arrangement.





For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes),please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment