Thursday, July 28, 2016

My colorful patio

I love having color in the garden. Many times we can achieve this by using lots of flowering plants. Bright beautiful flowers against green foliage is pure magic. When I use flowering plants, often I have to replant to bring life into my patio before the season ends. But I have a different approach to bring color into my outdoor living space. I use foliage plants in the containers to bring the long-lasting color.  Coleus are my all time favorite foliage to use in my patio. Please come along and enjoy the tour. This is the place I entertain all through the spring, summer and fall. 

In this space Ambuliton, also known as flowering maple, gives the height and drama against contrasting blood coleus. 















These flowers are called cassandra, which was a favorite of my mine growing up in India










For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes),please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment