Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Autumn garden: Spanish flag vine

A couple of months ago as we were visiting a friend's garden, I noticed some vibrant flowers on a vine. I got few seeds from the friend's garden and planted them in the pot. At the time I didn't even know the name. The seeds I got not only germinated but are robustly growing and flowering, which makes me think that it may be an invasive plant. For now, I am not going to worry about that; I will enjoy this beautiful, flowering vine. The bright yellow and orange flowers make me smile every time I walk by them. After doing some research, I found out that this vine is called a Spanish flag vine. When it is in full bloom, the colors of these flowers look like the whole plant is on fire.






Some of these flowers ended up on the kitchen table.



For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes),please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.


Sharing at:

No comments:

Post a Comment