Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Getting ready for a barbeque

Since July 4th is a time honored tradition for barbeques, I want to share some images from my photo shoot from my book's barbeque chapter .  Since my book is all about entertaining with Indian food, my barbeque chaper features an entire spread of Indian barbeque meats.

Here I was in the middle of getting ready for a photo shoot with barbeque food in my backyard.
These three copper containers are tabletop mini tandoor ovens to serve shish kabobs. You can add some hot coals at the bottom to keep the kabobs hot.


Geting ready for the BBQ shoot.





For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including gluten free recipes), please check out my book, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen, at my website komalinunna.com.
  

Please join Susan's Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday and visit Cindy for Show and Tell
.

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful backyard and the copper pots are just exquisite. Looks like it is going to be a wonderful BBQ. Thanks for sharing on Tablescapes Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What warm welcoming setting for a bbq gathering. You make entertaining look so easy...have a great weekend, Komali.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful setting! I love the copper pots are so pretty. It is wonderful that they are useful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patio is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful garden!

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Komali, your patio and garden look so inviting. I am curious what you wills erve for the BBQ. The start looks wonderfull.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Johanna,
    My BBQ party chapter has 15 recipes to satisfy both vegetarians and non-vegetarians such as kabobs, tandoor chicken, tamarind glazed ribs and 5 different drinks to wash all the food down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful photos for your book. The food for your BBQ party chapter sounds delicious.

    All the Best,

    Requi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous patio and backyard! I would not want to leave! Hope you have a great BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness...your patio is to die for. Beautiful photos.
    Happy 4th,
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your patio is beautiful, I looove how large it is and those adorable little mini tandoor ovens are such a wonderful idea, beautiful, I can just imagine how much fun your guests are going to have at your BBQ! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meet you has been a pleasure in my fisrt "Friday Show and Tell"
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great area you have to entertain outdoors. Love your patio and your yard looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Goodness!! What a beautiful outdoor space you have!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an elegant outdoor setting! I'm sure your guests love being entertained in such a wonderful setting. Love your copper pots.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Komali,
    Thank you for sharing this look at your wonderful outdoor entertaining area. It appears to go on and on, and the glimpses of your garden appear lush, well-tended, and inviting. Your tables are beautiful at the point we're seeing them. The layered fabrics and the fresh flowers are really setting the stage for what I'm sure is a delicious meal.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely outdoor arrangement... Wow!! wow!! This is very pretty! Hope you had a great time..

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful outdoor living area!

    ReplyDelete