Thursday, January 10, 2013

Proteas from the garden

Australian native pink proteas thrive in my southern California garden. I love to make arrangements for the house when they are in season. They are long lasting cut flowers.






For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes), please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen,and Trader joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.

Trader Joe's Simply Indian (both printed and kindle version) is available to buy at Amazon. 

Sharing at: 

10 comments:

  1. Oh Komali, you must have the most gorgeous garden in blog land!! Your flowers are stunning. I love the flower vase. My house is such a mess, as I don't finish putting away my C'mas stuff, wish it's over by the weekend, so I can start arranging fresh flowers in my house!
    Have a wonderful and blessed 2013, sweet lady.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. The proteas are beautiful. I see these in the cut flower departments for sale, but have never seen them growing. How nice to have them in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never have I heard of them, or seen them before... How interesting and beautiful... Thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my these are simply georgous and I beleive that that are very long lasting as cut flowers. How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely flower. It really makes a lovely table arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,,,,,,they are really beautiful :)
    and do not miss THE

    T
    U
    L
    I
    P

    P
    A
    R
    T
    Y

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then, write all the scrambled words on a paper and give a copy to each guest
    (or divide everyone into pairs). Phuket is undoubtedly the best gift
    by the Mother Nature to the mankind. Chair.
    Also visit my web site :: insainia.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breathtaking blooms ;)

    HPS~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so beautiful. Gorgeous bouquet. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete