Thursday, August 13, 2009

India Trip

I just got back from India. I was attending my niece’s wedding. There is something magical about Indian weddings; the air is filled with perfume from jasmine flowers, every woman is wearing a silk sari and lots of bangles, and of course, a 20 course wedding feast. What is there to complain about other than the hot weather? I kept on drinking water just to keep from getting dehydrated. India seems to be lot hotter than the time I was living there. Global warming?
2,000 guests attended the wedding. No, I am not joking.
I got to see lots of relatives and friends at the wedding. Some of them I have not seen for the past 30 years. It was very emotional to see everybody at one place; some have changed more then I can recognize. No kidding. But I felt the same love and affection. Reminds me of my childhood and the reason why I love India so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment