Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring has arrived with the bounty of loquats

Loquats are the first fruit to ripen in the garden to announce that spring has arrived. The tree looks beautiful, bearing the orange clusters of fruit. The only problem is that they all ripen at the same time. Before I know it, I am competing with a flock of birds to relish these gems. 













If you will excuse me, I want to sit on my back porch and enjoy the loquats with the cool spring breeze and sweet smell of roses. Ahh, life is good!

For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including gluten free and vegan recipes), please check out my book, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen, at my website komalinunna.com.
  

Please join Susan's Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday and fertilizer-friday for more gardening tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment