Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cruise to Alaska III

This post is a continuation of Cruise to Alaska I and II . As I was on a kitchen tour on the ship, I had the pleasure of witnessing the beautiful fruit carvings and marzipan flowers being made on board by talented chefs. Enjoy!























Marzipan figurines and flowers.




For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including gluten free recipes), please check out my book, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen, at my website komalinunna.com.


I am joining  Foodie Friday.

8 comments:

  1. I love seeing what a food artist can do with fruits and vegetables...amazing, isn't it? From my observation over the years, left-handed people are usually very artistic and I notice this chef is a leftie. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoroughly enjoyed this post-thanks! The fish being my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cruise ship galley tours! Can you imagine how they deliver all that most fabulous food?
    Your Alaska cruise is on my bucket list! I bet you had the most wonderful time!
    So happy for you!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love how creative they were! Very much enjoyed -- as a lifelong Alaskan (until the last few years), I hope that you really enjoyed your trip! I have been perusing your blog and really love it so far. Your photos are beautiful. Looking forward to more!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty post.
    We went on an Alaskan cruise in June and had a complete BLAST...loved every single second of it.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the creativity of the chefs! How nice to witness and enjoy !

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete