Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Deadheading the Hydrangeas

This past weekend, I had unexpected guests come over for lunch. After quickly preparing the lunch, I ran to my garden to get the inspiration for my centerpiece. I noticed that last year's crop of hydrangeas were drying on the bush. I salvaged some hydrangeas from underneath the bush and made an arrangement for the kitchen table. Then I realized that it is time to deadhead all the spent flowers to promote new growth and bloom in spring. That is exactly what I did today, deadheading all the dry flowers from all the hydrangea bushes. How is your day going?






For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including gluten free recipes), please check out my book, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen, at my website komalinunna.com.

 I am joining Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday and modern country style .

2 comments:

  1. Hydrangeas are one of my favorite plants. Deadheading these flowers will bring you many more this coming Spring. Must have made a beautiful arrangement in that vase.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....to have all those wonderful dried blossoms. I only get a few here in FL. It gets too hot and humid but the ones that I do get I cherish.

    ReplyDelete