Thursday, May 2, 2013

Flower arranging

These past few weeks, I have been making flower arrangements for the local events using my home grown flowers. Last week was our annual IFA fundraiser. As with every year, I did the flowers for the event. This was the arrangement I made for the entrance of the hall. Whenever you make arrangement for a big event, the arrangement has to be tall and dramatic so people will notice it. 






Two weeks ago, one of my friends was hosting her daughter's bridal shower. I was asked to do the flowers for the event. Here are the arrangements I did for that event. The color theme of the event was yellow and green. The yellow pin cushion proteas suits the theme. Before the flowers got picked up, I quickly photographed them to share with you all.

An arrangement for the buffet



For the coffee table



For the kitchen table


Tiny arrangements for the bathroom and appetizer table



I feel very blessed to be able to grow all these flowers in my own backyard.

For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes), please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.

12 comments:

  1. Stunning as always Komali; you are so talented. I love the flowers you chose and the vases as well. Each one is gorgeous, I cannot choose one! Thank you for sharing and for inspiring us. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing flowers! And you not only arrange these beautiful presentations, you grow the flowers. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Komali, Your arrangements are magnificent! The bird of paradise in the elephant planter must have made an excellent impression on the guests, and the bridal shower bouquets are feminine, dainty and contemporary! Just perfect! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! that Elephant vase is wonderful. How lucky to own that! and the flowers were breath taking beautiful..love them all. The colors were all delightful. You are an excellent floral designer..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gorgeous flowers are so exotic looking. I always know that you will have something beautiful and different. :)

    Thank you for sharing this gorgeous post at Fresh-cut Friday! :) I'm so happy you did.

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful arrangements!! I am so impressed that all those beautiful flowers are from your yard!! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a talented at flower arranging! I love seeing your new creations. I cannot imagine seeing all of those flowers growing in a garden. Thank you for sharing these beautiful arrangements - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Komali,
    you are a great gardener as well as a great cook. I love your exotic centerpieces. Thank you for sharing.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those arrangements are so beautiful! I love those flowers- very exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful. I love the elephant too. Love elephants so cute.


    ERIKA

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful Komali - you are such a natural at this and big inspiration.

    we at Aalayam are hosting a giveaway this week and was hoping you'd join us!

    thanks!

    deepa

    ReplyDelete
  12. you should probably get a bed and start sleeping outdoors. it must be so hard to go indoors with such a beautiful garden...

    ReplyDelete