Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Flowers from the garden

Sorry for being absent from blogging. My 88-year-old mother got sick when I was visiting her in India. As a result my two-week trip turned out to be two months long. I am glad I was able to spend time with mom when she was not well.
When I came back from India, my two protea bushes greeted me with overflowing blooms along with weeds as tall as me. I harvested some blooms from the front garden and arranged them for my home. I am hoping these fresh flowers motivate me to start working in the garden.







Protea bushes are in full bloom



For me, these proteas are always a sign of spring in the garden


Orange-colored bougainvilleas, pincushion proteas, scented geraniums, and jasmine vines





For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes),please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.


Sharing at:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers. I'm featuring your post today at Foodie Friday and Everything Else.

    ReplyDelete