Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Garden party 2: The centerpieces

This is a continuation of my series of posts about the garden party after the harvest. Since the garden has lots of color, I decided to keep the centerpieces understated. I decided to go with small potted plants to make arrangements instead of traditional flowers. I brought African violets, maiden heir fern, and other greenery to complete the arrangements. The containers for these arrangements are nothing but simple dark wooden planters. Since these are living plants, these arrangements can last lot longer than flowers. If I am planning to entertain a different group of people in couple of  weeks, my arrangements are ready for the party. Best way to stretch your dollar. 





Some times single plant can make a bold statement if you present it well. Maiden hair fern in an ornate container can look beautiful in  a proper setting. I used this planter on the dessert table. You will see in future posts. 


The following arrangement is for the kitchen table, to carry the same theme.
.

A single African violet in a beautiful container


Rex begonia is one of my favorite.



For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes),please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely houseplant centerpieces. I love maidenhair fern but I can never keep it alive. Do you have any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wonderful, thanks for sharing your beauties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone, it's my first visit at this site,
    and piece of writing is truly fruitful in support of me, keep
    up posting such posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I enjoy reading through your post. I lijke to write a
    little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete