Monday, October 18, 2010

Butchart Gardens III - Tea Room

While we were touring the Butchart Gardens, we took a break and had tea in the tea room. The tea room was overlooking the ocean and Tuscan garden. The ambiance made the whole experience unforgettable.

I fell in love with the watercolor rose themed menu card.



Take a look at the view from the tea room. Is there is anything lovelier than sipping tea and eating pastries while enjoying this view?



Sipping tea never tasted better!


The tea room was filled with beautiful flower arrangements. Notice the combination of flowers in each arrangement. Loved each and every one of them.




We started off our tea with a seasoned berry trifle. Yum!


And then came the tea sandwiches and pastries. Everything tasted as good as it looked.





 Candied ginger scones with strawberry jam and Devon-style cream.


 I could not decide which was better, the food or the view. One better than the other.


 For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including gluten free recipes), please check out my book, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen, at my website komalinunna.com.

I am joining Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
and Lady katherine tea parlor  and Susan's Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, how beautiful! I enjoyed seeing all this so very much! I would love to go there! A friend went there and brought me some of their delicious loose tea!

    Thanks for sharing this!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Komali,
    this garden is really stunning. No wonder, that they can fill all the vases with lovely flower arrangements. They have so many flowers. What a work to cultivate all these plants. But the result is dreamable. Thank you so much for making this photos of the nice tea time. The goodies look all very scrumptious.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are so right, this is the most fascinating and fabulous place. We were there several years ago. Gorgeous. Love all of your pics. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it a gorgeous place?! We were there last month. My favorites were the dahlias, also!

    We had tea at the Empress hotel. I felt like a princess!

    Deborah in NC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the food AND the view are scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Heavens, what a gorgeous place to spend time, and all those delectable goodies as well.
    Don't have to ask if you had a marvelous time!! lol
    I also saw your pics from the Gardens on your other post. They are really breathtaking, I want to be teleported there...right now!! lol
    Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures,
    looks like a exquisite place to me.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun that tea looked! The view is just incredible, and all the goodies looked delicious! Thank you for sharing photos from such a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tea time. I think that I gained five pounds just reading your post! Thank you for sharing your lovely experience. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete