Monday, June 24, 2013

Metamorphosis of the stairway to kitchen garden

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know by now that my kitchen garden is situated on top of a hill. To get to the garden, you first we have to climb the steps. Lately I have been getting more and more elderly visitors who are very much interested in visiting the kitchen garden and checking out what is growing. For easy access to the garden, we decided to install a railing and an arbor to the stairway. 


Before the railing





I just planted a succulent spilling pot that is featured at the top of the railing






The view from the top of the stairs



For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes), please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.


Sharing at:

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I am fascinated by stairs and just love your view and the intriguing pathway created by the stairs and your new railing. It's gorgeous!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! This is amazing....and so are you! You've done a great job with your garden and I'd like to know where you got those beautiful succulents from... Where I stay, I didn't get any! :(

    ReplyDelete