Thursday, June 5, 2014

Father's day tablescape

 At our household, father's day is always celebrated outdoors, either for breakfast or for a barbecue. Well, everything tastes better when you eat outdoors, don't you think? In keeping with the masculine theme for dad, I used burlap instead of a traditional tablecloth. 


The centerpiece is made with garden flowers, pincushion proteas, ming and maider hair ferns, succulents, and dried pods to name a few. The finishing touch is one David Austin Heathcliff rose.















For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes),,please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.

10 comments:

  1. Simply charming, and absolutely perfect---the plates and the succulents and all the special touches are so very obviously chosen with love and care. How lovely a time that will be!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So inviting ! I love how you pulled it together.
    Visiting from Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and one that should make any father happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely Table! Fit for a King! :) And yes! Everything does taste better at a pretty table outside. :)
    Thank you for joining in and sharing this fun post on Fresh-Cut Friday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an unusual centerpiece! I really do like the succulents, pincushion flower, and Heathcliff rose combination. SO PRETTY!!!

    Linking from Fresh Cut Friday,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, your centerpiece is beautiful! I would love to sit at that pretty table for a meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely yard, and that centerpiece is stunning! I love the mix of colors and textures in the succulents and flowers. And what a picturesque setting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fresh, springlike table...love the centerpiece! Wonderful plates.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous table and your flatware is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After going over a few of the blog articles on your web page, I seriously appreciate your way of writing a
    blog. I added it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back
    soon. Please visit my website as weell and let me knlw what you think.

    ReplyDelete