Monday, July 17, 2017

Summer orchard tour

My garden-orchard is constantly changing.  Whenever I  think I am done with planting trees, there is always one more thing to plant. Now, I've realized I should accept that I will never be done with the garden. There is always something to add or delete. I've decided that I have enough fruit trees (over seventy) in the orchard. Now my goal is to add a few flowering trees in the orchard to bring color in the spring and summer. In the fall, the ripening fruit provides plenty of color in the orchard.

Summer is the most exciting time in the garden. Everything looks so luscious!

This is the site from the side entrance



Fig tree is filled with candy striped figs








This particular apple tree never fails to produce a bumper crop year after year.


Jujubes


This corner is filled with avocados to the left, bananas, strawberry guavas and papayas






For more memorable centerpieces, tablescapes, and recipes (including vegetarian, gluten free and vegan recipes),please check out my books, Entertaining From an Ethnic Indian Kitchen and Trader Joe's Simply Indian at my website komalinunna.com.

Sharing at:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Komali,
    you have a wonderful exotic garden. Love the figs with candy stripes :-)
    gretings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a very oxidized post, these photographs really are cool and glad to visit this post.
    Golden Triangle tour with Khajuraho & Varanasi
    Taj Mahal Moonlight tour

    ReplyDelete